Friday, September 5, 2008

Tucker's Swimming Lessons





Tucker had private swimming lessons at our friend's pool this summer. At first it was a bit traumatizing...for me. It was a very aggressive teaching method, in which they make babies from about 1 year up, 'pool safe'. He started off very politely asking his teacher, "Maybe I see my mom?" and when she didn't respond to that it was, "Maybe I see my mom, really quick?" and then when he didn't get what he wanted then he just cried and cried. He did that for the first few weeks of lessons, but then one day he suddenly changed and was excited to go to swimming lessons, and stopped fighting it when she was getting him to float. Now he floats like a champ and jumps in the pool and just loves it. Note: all pictures and videos were taken at the last two classes, up until then I wasn't sure it was really something I wanted to remember. :)

No comments: