Friday morning Tucker told me that he had been itching his ears and neck in his bed that morning. So I had him lift his shirt up, and he had rash all over. I called the nurse and we decided it must be the Cefdinir he was on for his double ear infections from the week before.





He only had one more dose of it, so the nurse had me give him that last dose Friday night, just to see if that was what he was allergic to.





The rash from the first day was significantly better, but there were all new breakouts that were even worse on Saturday, from the last dose Friday night. Sunday his feet were so swollen he stayed home from church, cause he couldn't get his church shoes on. So I scheduled a doctors appt for Monday morning, thinking I could take him in, and then go be induced (since its all at the same hospital).
That didn't work out as planned, but my sister-in-law, Annalisa was able to take him and his ears are all cleared up, and they have noted the allergy.
Today is Tuesday, and I guess last night he was crying and not wanting to walk because his knees and ankles hurt so bad. Today those are better, and his rash has cleared up on other parts of his body, but his wrists hurt. We're hoping by tomorrow we'll see improvement all over and it will be gone.
UPDATE: Tucker had a birthday party for a neighbor friend today, that Daniel took him to. Daniel wrote down his cell phone number for Tucker to be able to call him to come walk him home after the party. About 25 minutes into the party, Tucker called and asked Daniel to come get him, so he did. We both talked to him (me over the phone) trying to figure out why he wanted to come home. We couldn't really ever get a straight answer.
Later in the evening, Daniel brought the kids down to visit Graydon and I at the hospital. It broke my heart when I saw Tucker. He was walking so awkwardly, because of his joints being so sore from the allergic reaction. There was still more rash on his belly and legs and feet. He went to the bathroom, and could only use one hand to pull up his pants, cause his thumb is so swollen. I finally asked him if this was why he left the party today, cause he felt uncomfortable not being able to walk right, and he said yes.
Luckily I saw my pediatrician today, when she was checking Graydon, she gave me her cell phone number and told me to call if I wanted her to call in steroids for Tucker to stop the reaction, so I did. He'll be starting those tomorrow. I just want this to be done!!
1 comment:
OMGosh! Poor little guy! Hope his rash is all better now.
Post a Comment