Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our little pooper-scooper

Tucker saw a commercial this morning for "stealth rides" and immediately had to have us look them up online for him, so he could learn all about them. Then he just had to have one....TODAY! So we discussed ways that he could earn half the money to buy one. (they're $25) He had $2 he earned this week from helping Dad outside. And if he would read his two books he's passed off at preschool to Grandma Pace, she would pay him $2. I came up with the chore of scooping up a winter's worth of Ginger's poop in the yard, and I would pay him $5. So after much complaining he finally realized this was his best option. I of course had to go out with him, and I held the shovel part while he raked the poop. Daniel came out and said that Tucker should be doing both parts, to earn his money. So I left him to show Tucker how to do it. When I came back, Daniel was doing it all and Tucker was playing on the swings. Apparently Tucker was too slow. :) Then we came up with the idea of putting the newspaper bag on his hand and having him pick up the poop. There still was a lot but we got it all!!


So now Tucker had earned enough that he could get his "stealth rides" (Okay, yeah he should have earned $3 to be half...but parenting is exhausting. And I lucked out and it was on sale at Target for $23, so close enough!)

First he had to come with me to my pedicure:



(And there's the belly. 38 weeks today...so any day now)

And here's the proud new owner of a stealth ride:


No comments: