The kids were playing together so nice today. Nora Jane was holding the Tony Hawk skateboard for the Wii at an angle, while Tucker was zooming his small remote controlled hot wheels car up and down it. Then Tucker thought it would be fun to set his car on the skateboard and then hit the other side of the skateboard, and launch it across the room. Nora Jane thought it would be fun to watch, leaning over the skateboard. As you can see it didn't end well for her. She came running over to me crying, and while I was holding her, I saw a rather large tear fall from her cheek, onto my arm. After further examination I realized it was not a tear but a large drop of blood...followed by several more. I quickly ran her into the bathroom to look at it. The nose was dented in where the skateboard it, and had a nice slice in it. I thought for sure it would need stitches. I got Daniel's mom on the phone, and while we waited for her to come over, Nora Jane lay calmly on the floor in the family room, on a towel, while Tucker was crying hysterically saying he was sorry over and over again.
After a quick trip up to Primary Children's Medical Center, and a thorough examination of the wound, it was determined stitches would not be necessary. Whew!




No comments:
Post a Comment