Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Little Soccer Player!





So I volunteered to be Tucker's soccer "coach", to insure that they would "accept" him, since he was only going to be 3 for the last game of the season. After the first 3 games, one which I missed cause I had to take Nora Jane to the doctor at the last minute, I was seriously wondering what I had gotten myself in to. It was heartbreaking to see my little Tucker man, get so upset when the other kids took "his" ball from him. He has talked about playing on his soccer team for over a year now. He really is pretty good at dribbling the ball and stuff. But the first few games were pretty rough. He just ended up laying on the ground behind the goal, or just being plain sick. Poor kid!
But after last Monday nights game...I'm proud to post about this on my blog. Right at the beginning of the game, he got tripped and fell, smacking his face on the ground. Then the kid behind him, stepped right on his bum, with his soccer cleats. He ran of the field crying. I thought for sure he was done. He came out later, only cause he wanted me to hold him....while running on the field with other kids "coaching". Eventually he calmed down, and came back out to actually play....and the kid made us sooooo proud. He stole the ball, dribbled it all the way down the field on the sideline, then turned and drove it right into the goal!!!

We are just so proud of our little Tucker Man!!!

2 comments:

Chris and Annalisa said...

I'm so sad I missed his goal! Where's Daniel with the video camera when you need him?

The Carters said...

Maybe someone needs to step on Luke's butt - that way he may stay on the field for more than 30 sec.