Monday, April 30, 2012

Bowling for Gage

Nora Jane has been telling us all about her "boyfriend" this year from preschool.  His name is Gage Thompson.  Around Christmas time, she was telling us how the made "get well" cards for him at school.  So I asked her teacher one day, when I was picking her up from school, and she told me that around Thanksgiving Gage, had to have surgery for a brain tumor.  Then I made the connection that Gage actually lives right here in our neighborhood.

In February, Gage had to have surgery again on the brain tumor, and this time I was able to help a friend take dinner to his family, and meet his parents.  As soon as I said I was Nora Jane's mom, they both knew exactly who Nora Jane was.  Evidently she's very mothering (or smothering) to Gage at preschool.

At the end of April, there was a fundraiser for Gage's family that we were able to go to and "Bowl for Gage".  Such a sweet little boy!

No comments: