Sunday, February 26, 2012

I love Weddings!

Wedding planning has long been a hobby of mine.  So when Daniel's sister Michelle got engaged around Thanksgiving...I was excited!!  I was even more excited when she called the next week and needed help finding shoes to go with her dress.

I immediately went to Nordstrom.com, and to their wedding shoes section.  As I was scrolling through, found these beauties!


I texted it to Michelle, who was super excited about them.  Michelle has never been a very "dressy" kind of girl..so I knew these were the perfect compromise between heels and tennis shoes she would want to wear.  

From here the idea of having all her bridesmaids and flower girls in "toms" and making it a theme in her wedding began.

Unfortunately the dress had already been purchased, and was not long enough for her to wear heals with.  So...I quickly bought these:


Then we got these for the bridesmaids:


And we were going to do little black glitter toms for the flower girls, with purple dresses.  But we ended up going with cream dresses for the girls, so I found these, and said I would embellish them.


Here they are with the embellishments:


Then my cute neighbor gave me the idea of "wands" for the little flower girls.  Michelle wasn't to sold on the idea, cause she's not much of a "princess" type.  But was a good sport and let me make a sample one, she could veto.  Also, I saw some cute glass tile necklaces on pinterest, and thought they'd be cute with the girls' initials.  Here's how it all turned out:

And here are the flower girls, minus Jeff's niece who lives in Texas.

I love weddings!!!

No comments: