We put together a fun team with kids in our new neighborhood, all Tucker's age, for soccer this Spring. (Maddie, Jack W., Jack B., Tristan, Winston and Joshua) I wasn't able to go to most of the games, because the first one was the Saturday after I had Graydon, and it stayed so cold for so long this spring, that I couldn't bring Graydon to the games. So Daniel had to take him. I'm very proud of how well Daniel handled his frustration with Tucker this year, but we couldn't figure out why Tucker wasn't playing harder, since he had a good season last spring and scored goals at pretty much every game.
Finally, the last game of the season, it was warm enough for me to come. I decided to have a talk with Tucker before hand to try and motivate him to play harder. Earlier that week, he got a cap gun from a friend who couldn't make it to his party, and he had used up all the caps. So I told him if he would play really hard and aggressive this game, he didn't even have to score, just show us he was trying had, we would go buy him some caps after the game.
Look how red in the face...he played soooo hard!!
Finally! A Goal!!
So happy and proud of you Tucker! Off to buy some caps for your gun!

No comments:
Post a Comment