Last night we went to the "Corner Bakery Cafe" with Grandma and Grandpa Pace and Amy and Stuart. Nora Jane was coloring with her crayon on her kids menu. Grandma tried to take the crayon from her to circle a word on the word search...and Nora Jane screamed at her and really let her have it. After a moment or two, I turned to Nora Jane and explained that she needed to be nicer to Grandma, and that maybe she should tell her she was sorry. Nora Jane looked right in my eyes and very plainly...in her own jumbled language, said, "but...I not sorry." 'but' and 'sorry' were the only clear words...but she was shaking her head the whole time...so it was pretty clear what she meant.
When I came home and told her dad the story, his fear was that she may be smarter than we all think.
My fear is she is going to be a teenager.....
2 comments:
That is so funny! Were you guys just cracking up? For some one with as few words an Nora Jane that had to be good! Ah, the sassy-ness is already among us! Good luck!
Ha ha ha....I lay awake at night thinking how screwed I am going to be when they will all hit the teenage years (at the same freaking time!)
Post a Comment