
When Nora Jane was 6 months old, I tried giving her formula, and this happened.
I tried Nora Jane on Milk after she turned 1, and she broke out in hives again. So she's just been on Soy Milk. My Pediatrician reffered me to an allergist, just to get things checked out. Today was her appointment. I explained to Dr. Walker, that two of my brothers are allergic to milk, and that I had talked with them about what worked and what didn't for them. I then told her that the one brother was also allergic to Tree Nuts. So she decided we should test for all of those as well. Plus we have a dog, and she figured we might as well test for that too. I felt so bad that I mentioned the Tree Nut Allergy, when they came in with 15 prick tests to do on her. Needless to say, all of the tests were negative...including the milk, which they pricked a second time, just to be sure (so now that's 16 prick tests). (The red lines on her back, are just from me scratching her back around the tests for her.)
So now we have to take her to Primary Children's for blood work, and if that comes back negative, then I have to take her back to Dr. Walker and have her drink milk while in the office to see her reaction. Apparently there is a chance she has grown out of it!
4 comments:
Oh I can relate. I am so glad Nora Jane has potentially outgrown hers. I hope the same thing for Eva someday...
Hopefully there is not allergy, that would be cause for celebration!
that looks so sad! Did she cry? I Hope not!
That is seriously sad! I hope she has outgrown it!!
Post a Comment